About the Course
In this course, you will pick up design thinking skills and develop a human-centric way to find innovative ideas for the workplace. The course requires you to map customer journeys, conceptualise ideas, and create prototypes.
Why is this course for you?
The objective of this course allows for a practical conceptualisation of design thinking through a systematic approach of the design thinking steps. The 5 steps are: observation through empathy, defining opportunities, ideation of solution, prototyping, and idea validation through market testing.
This micro-module features specially curated video content that helps you reflect on Design Thinking - namely the 5 steps in finding out what really matters in the innovation process. Complete the reflective assessments to uncover your innate talent in innovating.
- Recognise how empathy can be a source of finding opportunities by using a keen sense of observation
- Develop a more human-centric approach to forming ideas
- Generate ideas and use tests to validate ideas
- Learn how to be a storyteller to pitch your ideas
About the curator
Prior to joining Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Kevin founded a web-based company to pioneer a sports social network made up of over 15,000 sports members and several corporate partnerships. At Ngee Ann Polytechnic, he designed and delivered various Design Thinking (DT) modules and courses on campus:
- Developed and designed the Idea Blueprint & Idea Launchpad modules, which incorporated DT in its curriculum for 2,000 Year 2 polytechnic students and trained over 20 teaching staff.
- Designed and developed the Innovation Toolkit module that incorporated DT for 2,000 students and trained over 20 teaching staff.
- Led a team to design and develop a DT program for all NP academic staff focusing specifically on the DT process.
- Attended an overseas training course in Boston USA, Babson College in DT.